Saturday, October 23, 2010

Actresses with Kittens

On special request from Mercurie over at A Shroud of Thoughts, here is a bunch of pictures of Actresses with Kittens. This is sort of a sequel to my post about Actors with Puppies. Enjoy!





Elizabeth Taylor (from Kitten Feathers)


Gloria Swanson (Elizabeth from Oh By Jingo! Oh By Gee!)



Dolores Del Rio ( (Elizabeth from Oh By Jingo! Oh By Gee!)


Mabel Normand  (Elizabeth from Oh By Jingo! Oh By Gee!)



Audrey Hepburn (Emm from Audrey Obsession)


another Audrey Hepburn (Mercurie from A Shroud of Thoughts)


Briggite Bardot (Mercurie from A Shroud of Thoughts)


Kim Novak (Mercurie from A Shroud of Thoughts)



Ava Gardner (Mercurie from A Shroud of Thoughts)



Mary Pickford (Elizabeth from Oh By Jingo! Oh By Gee!)


Gene Tierney (from Kate Gabrielle's Flickr)



Grace Kelly


Jane Fonda



Joan Blondell



Jean Seberg



Norma Shearer



Carole Lombard (with Clark Gable... auw!)



Vivien Leigh



Hazel Court (wife of Hot Toddy Don Taylor)


Olivia de Havilland


Ann Sheridan


Clara Bow (Paulie from Art, Movies, Wood and Whatnot...)


Anne Francis as Honey West (Bob from Allure)


Briggitte Helm (Bob from Allure)


Susan Hayward (David from Filmclassics)



10 comments:

  1. Great pix! Love seeing Kim Novak (one of my faves) & Pyewacket. But what is Jane Fonda doing in that pic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! These are all really great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! I think my favs are Joan, Clark, and their Siamese cats, and scream queen Hazel Court and her black British shorthair (what else would she have?)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. John - I have no idea what she's doing, it's such an odd picture. I just had to post it. I remember when I used to be able to bend that way. Ha!

    Elizabeth - Thanks so much! And thank you a lot for your help.

    Mercurie - Thanks for your contributions and for the suggestion. You are a rock star.

    Umm anyone notice how Clara Bow has dead stuffed cats and/or toy cats? love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great post Quelle! if all you did was post that Ann Sheridan pic i'd still say great post Quelle!

    isnt that Clara pic a riot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post! The pictures are brilliant-I might have to steal a few!

    (And damn you, Gene Tierney, for being so gorgeous!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blog. I am following. This is such a great post!! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So a great entry!! I love it!!! AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these!!! I think the Mary Pickford one is my favorite, but I love the Carole and Clark Gable one too. The Jane Fonda one cracks me up, only because it sort of looks like she's stretching, and my cats ALWAYS get in the way when I'm doing sit ups or push ups or stretches. They think that's the best time to climb on top of you (or under you when you're doing push ups).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to tell you that Honey West was a television character, played by Anne Francis. That is who you have pictured.

    You have assembled some terrific photos, and I love your blog. You have a wonderful honesty which makes me look at some old classics with new eyes. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! If it is a long one, make sure you save a draft of it elsewhere just in case Google gobbles it up and spits it out.

Popular Posts

 Twitter   Instagram   Facebook